Friday, March 20, 2020

Getting started


Hello everyone,

I am trying out this format to stay in touch with people during the COVID-19 pandemic restrictions.  For those that don't know me, my name is Kris Hunter and I am the Program Director for Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island for the Atlantic Salmon Federation (ASF) based out of Antigonish, NS.  ASF is an independent, charitable organization that advocates for wild Atlantic Salmon.  As ASF is primarily focused on addressing research and conservation efforts on the national and international stage, my job as a program director in our regional affairs department is to provide support and connection with efforts at the provincial and local levels in NS and PEI.  I do this by working closely with governments, industries, indigenous organizations, affiliates, and our regional councils (Nova Scotia Salmon Association, PEI Council of ASF) in what is hopefully a mutually beneficial way.  I also participate in public outreach and education activities, and assist our other departments (research, communications, development, etc) as well.  Currently there are a number of issues happening in NS that I am involved with including aquaculture, gold mines, conservation research and programming, restoration planning and programming, forestry, habitat restoration, fish passage, etc.  I will talk, post pics and video, on these topics along with what I have been up to on a regular basis.

Cheers
Kris 

No comments:

Post a Comment